Monday, October 23, 2023

100 Examples of Proper use of Prepositions // Prepositions for Competitive Exam // Sainik School Entrance Exam // JNV Entrance // KV Entrance // RIMC Entrance

100 Examples of Proper use of Prepositions // Prepositions for Competitive Exam // Sainik School Entrance Exam // JNV Entrance // KV Entrance // RIMC Entrance 


1. The advocate remarked that the two cases are not at par with each other.
2. Snow dissolves into water.
3. My friend insisted on my staying with her.
4. Don't waste your time with juggling words.
5. Don't let him hinder you from writing letter.
6. What is $ 1 equivalent to Indian currency.
7. While I stared at him, he was staring into the mirror.
8. An editor is a stickler for accuracy.
9. You will share in the prize money with me.
10. Regular exercise is conducive to health.
11. I am tired from walking.
12. I am tired of leading such an idle life.
13. He is at his study table.
14. We should never laugh at the poor.
15. You must get rid of unnecessary things.
16. He was destined to the bar.
17. He delights in teasing me.
18. I was delighted at your success.
19. Artists like Kalidas belong to all ages and all countries.
20. We should not jeer at a defeated enemy.
21. Our clothes were soaked with water.
22. After marrying the rich heir, she began to live in comfort.
23. All the players partook of dinner after the match.
24. He was offered a salary commensurate with the work.
25. The poet compared the world to a stage.
26. The Rajputs always fought to the last man.
27. We should stick to our words, otherwise people will mock at us.
28. His services have been dispensed with.
29. Mala tied the cow with a rope to a tree.
30. Do you know how to look for a word in the dictionary?
31. Why do you boast of your wealth?
32. I told him at his face that he was a liar.
33. Please pay your bill. (No preposition required)
34. Beware of back-biters.
35. The principal will preside over the function.
36. You gained an advantage over me. 
37. The store house was infested with rats.
38. He invited me to tea.
39. In the dark, he knocked against the wall.
40. He is not familiar with this locality.
41. His face is not familiar to anyone.
42. She takes pride in her beauty.
43. No one has yet discovered a cure for the common cold.
44. My brother went from abroad last year.
45. Many people have died of malaria.
46. He ordered for the dinner when we had finished our work.
47. That young man is very keen on cycling.
48. I am delighted at his unexpected arrival.
49. I am fed up with staying at this place.
50. He kept telling me to give up smoking.
51. It was because of you that he was able to see his plans through.
52. He shook me by the hand and helped me on with my coat. 
53. He is terribly absorbed in his work on bacteria.
54. He will accept no compromise with the enemy on any terms.
55. He is a brute form of man for all that you may say in his praise.
56. They qualified themselves for the post.
57. I shall stand beside you through thick and thin.
58. The house consists of five rooms, all of them leading towards the hall.
59. The boy is apprenticed to Mr.Smith, a carpenter by trade.
60. I refuse to be classed with the man in the street.
61. Entry to this auditorium is by ticket.
62. Mohan never agrees with me in anything.
63. These trousers will last for the donkey's year without wearing out.
64. I sent two hundred rupees to my younger brother by money order.
65. With all your patent medicines you haven't cured me of this cold.
66. This almirah is made of iron but burfi is made from khoya.
67. None but the brave deserve the fair.
68. The transistor fell off the shelf.
69. He placed the thing behind the curtain.
70. You are advised to write with pencil.
71. Virtue always triumphs over evil.
72. Hypocrisy is a cloak for mischief.
73. With this percentage of marks, you are not eligible for admission.
74. It is good to be temperate of one's habits.
75. He imputed bad motives to me.
76. Bacon was endowed with rare talents.
77. Never do anything that is not compatible with public safety.
78. I instilled my ideas into his mind.
79. It is natural of man to make mistakes.
80. His speech is wanting in commonsense.
81. He is an aspirant for an honour from the President.
82. You are not amenable to reason.
83. He craved for my forgiveness.
84. I could infer from his talk that he wanted to say something against his father.
85. The plot against the king was foiled by his loyal soldiers.
86. It seldom pays to rebel against the authorities.
87. I urged on my sons the importance of hard work.
88. He was advised by his father to withdraw from the contest.
89. It occurred to me that I had already paid the tax.
90. His crime preyed upon his mind.
91. I deal with the merchant who deals in books.
92. A spendthrift is devoid of foresight and often runs into debt.
93. If you spend beyond your means, you will run into debt.
94. Please have a talk with your father about my work.
95. His comments were almost irrelevant to the topic of the evening. 
96. The boy resembles ___ his father. (No preposition needed)
97. I am grateful to my grandfather for teaching me Mathematics. 
98. The poor beggar was blind of one eye.
99. The cat is hiding from us below the table. 
100. The money must be dealt out fairly and justly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your suggestions as hearty welcomed